iMesa is a resident driven effort to develop transformative community projects that will "Build a Better Mesa." iMesa gives you the opportunity to take the future into your hands and make the Mesa you want. Join the conversation today!

My idea to shape the future of Mesa is...

Build a dog park at Red Mountain Park in east Mesa.

Currently there are no dog parks east of Greenfield and the 202 to the north and one at Southern. Dog lovers from as far east as Gold Canyon make the drive to these parks so their four legged friends can enjoy a good run and soscialize with others. While it is enjoyable to walk around the fishing lake on the path, it would be so much better to run free untethered.

128 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Barbara Daher Barbara Daher shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

You’ve imagined, now it’s time to invest and improve! The iMesa Steering Committee, Parks and Recreation Advisory Board and the Transportation Advisory Board are considering a series of proposed park development projects and bike/pedestrian pathways for inclusion in a Capital Improvement Plan. Join us at an upcoming community meeting or provide your feedback online. http://www.mesaaz.gov/parksrec/Parks_Development/default.aspx

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KarenKaren commented  · 

I vote YES on dog park for Red Mountain, Mesa. Perfect location.

• JudyJudy commented  · 

Yes Please! my family needs a safe place to walk and run :) I used to take my Dogs to Dog Beach when we lived in San Diego, what a time we had! A Dog Park close by would just be a dream come True! :)

• EileenEileen commented  · 

Please consider.... We need one built like the dog park in Prescott near Emery Riddle!!! That would be great!

• Aimee KazorAimee Kazor commented  · 

I agree with this, there's not one even for Apache Junction or that while area around Red Mountain/Usery Pass.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

We'd love a dog park - sounds great!

• Jennifer HinesJennifer Hines commented  · 

Great idea! I love to walk my dogs around this lake. Please include an area for small/timid dogs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base