iMesa is a resident driven effort to develop transformative community projects that will "Build a Better Mesa." iMesa gives you the opportunity to take the future into your hands and make the Mesa you want. Join the conversation today!

My idea to shape the future of Mesa is...

West Mesa Youth Sports Complex

How about a spot like Quail Run that provides little league, softball and soccer fields in one location.

116 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ResidentResident shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • margo johnsonmargo johnson commented  · 

YES! So many of our youth in this area struggle to participate due to the cost and ability to travel to events. We who are able try to facilitate assistance to get these kids out and involved but how very great if we had a local complex.

• Amy CampbellAmy Campbell commented  · 

Yes, yes, yes! Especially since we are losing Riverview to the Cubs. We need to do Youth Sports better than anybody else in the state!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Much over do! West Mesa could really use this.

• Kellie Willis Kellie Willis commented  · 

I would love to have a complex on the west side of town closer to home I have four boys that play ball and we are always driving across town to ball games.

• Lisa SteenLisa Steen commented  · 

Having a spot for Quail Run would be great, it is well deserved in downtown Mesa, and for our children.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

This is a great idea. Anything that helps our youth to have positive, fun and healthy activities and experiences is a win/win situation. Partnering with the CUBS would be a great thing.

• RussRuss commented  · 

We need a quail run type of complex. Powell jr high and Klineman park combined would work really well for 4 little league fields, 4 softball fields and a couple of soccer fields. It would be nice to have the DBacks and Cubs help sponsor fields.

• Catherine CooperCatherine Cooper commented  · 

Love this idea!! In addition to softball, football and soccer, I would love to see youth tennis supported as well :)

• Sheridyn LarsonSheridyn Larson commented  · 

We have been "imagining" this for years! Many have "invested" tons of time into building the west Mesa kids sports programs too as they continue to grow! NOW, Mesa, lets IMPROVE our community with this Sports Complex! What a wonderful idea! It continues to bring the citizens together and create that "family" feel of a great city! YES! YES! YES! I vote YES!

• Alyson Wright DaleAlyson Wright Dale commented  · 

A youth sports complex in West Mesa is long overdue! As we have watched Mesa Westwood Little League swell to over 500 youth strong we have often wished there was someplace in West Mesa as nice as Quail Run. It's time!!

• PedersenPedersen commented  · 

Soccer, soccer, soccer - make sure we meet the needs of as many sports as possible, but West Mesa has only 1 field at the current Riverview.

• Michelle ParkeMichelle Parke commented  · 

A place like Quail Run in West Mesa? Great, great, great! Westwood Little League (baseball and softball) is the largest little league in the east valley with continually growing numbers, and is surrounded by leagues that have a good amount of kids in their leagues, too. Our kids all play in a football league that is always begging for somewhere to play/practice closer to home -- a sports complex that would hold all of us would be awesome!

• Terry BenelliTerry Benelli commented  · 

Great idea, put it where Mesa Jr High is, that school is/was a big part of the community. Put an amenity that is even better.

• CourtneyCourtney commented  · 

We would love this in west Mesa!

• James McGuireJames McGuire commented  · 

A quail run type facility would be excellent in west Mesa. Potential partnerships include the cubs and or diamondbacks. The city could leverage city fund with grants from the diamondbacks field building program. In fact, Mesa is the largest city in Arizona that the diamondbacks have yet to build a field in.

Feedback and Knowledge Base