iMesa is a resident driven effort to develop transformative community projects that will "Build a Better Mesa." iMesa gives you the opportunity to take the future into your hands and make the Mesa you want. Join the conversation today!

My idea to shape the future of Mesa is...

Fiesta District - Mixed Use Entertainment Complex

A mixed use entertainment complex consisting of about 5,000-6,000 seats should be developed within the Fiesta District. This facility could house a minor league sports franchise (i.e. hockey, indoor soccer, etc.), be used by Mesa Community College and Mesa Public Schools or other higher education providers for games, tournaments, and events, and/or provide a venue for concerts or Disney on Ice type events for East Valley residents.

205 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    PatrickPatrick shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdamAdam commented  · 

I think this project is a really great idea, but I think we need something even bigger to truly revitalize the area. The Fiesta Mall is failing. It has already lost too many of its primary anchor stores. The surrounding retail space is dilapidated as well. I propose a much larger scale project- replace the entire block containing the Fiesta Mall with a massive urban park to include everything here and then some - an event plaza, a ferris wheel, baseball fields to replace those lost at Riverview park, etc. Then, redevelop the surrounding big box retail stores into multi-story mixed use development. This will require a massive expenditure by the city but will be much better for the local economy than the Cubs stadium because it will be active year round.

• Dan KonzenDan Konzen commented  · 

Times are a changing in the Fiesta Area. Please check-out the related iMesa idea for this area and cast your vote to make this happen: http://bit.ly/1414qLr

• scott wakefield scott wakefield commented  · 

I had a similar idea but build it near to new cubs stadium, near ASU and riverview.

• DougDoug commented  · 

The area has been in need of such a facility for the past 15 years. How soon can you get started ? My kids are in elementry school and may be able to participate in a great facility or at least my grandkids.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Just what the East Valley needs, a nice mid range stadium that would spruce up the Mesa/north Chandler area.

The Fiesta area has been overlooked fortoolong.I am in full support of theis project. It needs to get done.

This would be of great benefit to not only the City of Mesa, but especially to the Fiesta District. A city the size of Mesa, and the East Valley, needs a facility like this. We need to get this done!

• AmandaAmanda commented  · 

I too voted in favor of the complex! This is a great idea and will be a wonderful benefit to the City of Mesa, the residence of Mesa, Mesa business, schools, and MCC!

• Ron DaughertyRon Daugherty commented  · 

I vote in favor of the the Entertainment Complex.

Feedback and Knowledge Base