iMesa is a resident driven effort to develop transformative community projects that will "Build a Better Mesa." iMesa gives you the opportunity to take the future into your hands and make the Mesa you want. Join the conversation today!

My idea to shape the future of Mesa is...

Teardrop Banners

Teardrop banners should be reserved for very special occasions, such as festivals or the opening of a new store. They should NOT be used for routine sales or just to advertise a store. They are all over Mesa right now, cluttering up sidewalks and promoting such things as check-cashing and "We Buy Gold!" Oh Please! The city is really starting to look tacky, as is Phoenix. Tempe has restricted them, and so should we in Mesa.

86 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Fareed Abou-HaidarFareed Abou-Haidar shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TreadTread commented  · 

I'm so sick of looking at theses flags. The city of Mesa needs to get busy and ***** down on these unsightly and ILLEGAL ad flags and A-frame signs! Mesa has no control over the business owners. Mesa is starting to look mighty trashy.

• Edward F. MurphyEdward F. Murphy commented  · 

Many Mesa streets have become unsightly due to the proliferation of these illegal feather signs/banners. Unfortunately, the city's code compliance office has relegated enforcement of the sign ordinances to the bottom of the list. If you are offended by the visual blight these signs create please go to www.mesaaz.gov/codecomp and file complaints against specific businesses. This helps. Thanks.
        Ed Murphy

• Craig M. VosslerCraig M. Vossler commented  · 

The "feather flags" are not in compliance with city code and are at the bottom of the complaint list for Code Compliance. Make your voice heard and file a complaint of any business. Start with those in your neighborhood. The city has let the "horses out of the barn" and it will take some time to corral them, but compliance has to start somewhere.
        We are tired of the sorry excuse that Code Complaince doesn't have the manpower. Find a smarter way to bring violating businesses back into compliance. Enough already!

Feedback and Knowledge Base