iMesa is a resident driven effort to develop transformative community projects that will "Build a Better Mesa." iMesa gives you the opportunity to take the future into your hands and make the Mesa you want. Join the conversation today!

My idea to shape the future of Mesa is...

Save the BUCKHORN BATHS. The plan proposed by the Mesa Preservation Foundation

Let's work to save the BUCKHORN BATHS -- one of Mesa's greatest historical treasures. The plan proposed by the Mesa Preservation Foundation is an ideal model for a private / public partnership.

685 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Vic LinoffVic Linoff shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lin KieftLin Kieft commented  · 

I have just noticed that Brownfield Development is taking on the project...Just the asbestos and lead inspections...I have been eyeing the site for years, and would love to get photos and write about it.. It may take me a couple of years to write the book, but I'd love to have the chance. Who should I contact?

• Jay Jay PelletierJay Jay Pelletier commented  · 

What is taking so long on Buying the Buckhorn Baths????????????????????
        Make an Offer and be done with it. Are you waiting till the light rail comes in front of it and the price will be triple. People are waiting to see the future of the preservation of this historical treasure.

• JWJW commented  · 

We can't let the Buckhorn Baths go. I used to hang out there and plink with my <a href="http://www.bbgunsguide.com">bb guns</a>. We have to make this happen!

Let me know on how can I help in the Preservation of the Buckhorn Baths when it becomes Mesa Top Historical site.

Now that Mesa got $70 million Bone past on Nov 6, 2012, it time to sit down with the Son of Ted & Alice and make him a ONE TIME Offer. With the promise that Mesa will keep his mom dream alive by preserveing the Buckhorn Baths and his father Wildlife museum. Give him a Fair Market price for 14.5 acers + 20% for the mineral rights. And walk away if he does not take the offer within 30 Days. And move on to other projects. Flat and simple-Take it or we will make it hard on anyone else who buys and try to make another strip mall out of the land. Anybody else who wants to spend more to buy it-ask them how much money are they willing to put in. This is tax payers money-don't go throwing it around like it's yours. If you pay fair market value-you'll have the money left to restore it. Good Luck-if you need help to make this deal, just call. I knew Alice.

• Jerry seemanJerry seeman commented  · 

Why is the Baths included in a proposed "PARKS" bond?

In reading todays comment on $70 mil park bonds issue will be put on the ballot in Nov. is a great move forward. But Tom Schuelke is right when he says the the people will not vote on something that has no PLAN of action for the the Buckhorn Baths Motel. So it's time the I-Mesa put a ideas out there on what Mesa would do with this Historical site when it buys it. It's common sense. I have my view and Idea of what would best for Mesa and the State of Arizona, so let other put there views out there and we vote on it before the elections in Nov. A Win Win for all is what I say. So lets go take a Bath at the Buckhorn and sleep on what you would do if you own it. Let the ideas begine.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

We should preserve this wonderful landmark!

I want to Thank the iMesa Committee and the Transportation Board plus the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board for spending time with us Mesa Folks in showing the future of what Mesa will look like down the road. WE wish you good luck and may it all come true. And may Mesa be wise enough to BUY the Buckhorn Baths.
        Yours truely Jay Jay Pelletier

• City of MesaAdminCity of Mesa (Admin, Learn more about iMesa) commented  · 

The City of Mesa is currently exploring property acquisition. If acquisition is feasible, we will then study the site and work with the community to see what options are available and the desired amenities for the site.

Top of the day to you all on the Historical commitee. Please-Please do not let this Jewel in the Desert slip from your grasp. It has too must history to let it go to another office complex-or outlet mall-of which we have to many vacant today.
        I was at the open weigh in on Mesa Park proposals last night and was sorry to see that no one from your group was there??? I hope that one amoug you is bold enought to see the Past and Future in saving this piece of History. I left my comment card and drawings of what this place can be like. I also heard that someone put a figure of 8.5 Million to fix and buy this. With the economy today-this could be done and had for 2.5 million. Everybody is Fliping - why can't Mesa.
        I meet Mrs Sliger in 1990, and we became friends-for I brought over many of my family from Canada to use thd Baths and see Ted's taxidermy collection. I was a wine broker, she let me know that she love sweet red wine-so everytime I saw her I had a bottle to give to her-she love that-for her doctor told her a glass a night would be good for her. She always told me that she was going to live to be 105 and wanted to to see her husband Ted and her work from 1939
        "preserved forever because they are part of history." And I told her that I would do what I could to see it happen. I hoping that one of you feels the same. Jay Jay

• MarilynMarilyn commented  · 

I cannot donate money, but I am available for historical research and recording information on said property.

Thanks.

Please provide more details about the Buckhorn Baths property. Are the mineral springs salvagable? Since this property is located near numerous retirement communities perhaps this property can be designed to serve this population group in particular while serving the community as a whole. The historical aspect is also strong. There are lots of possibilities!

• Bill NasBill Nas commented  · 

This is an opportunity to preserve history, let us remember how important it is to preserve this fine establishment for our future generations. Please let's do this thing.

We live in Las Palmas Resort on N Power Rd and would like to see Buckhorn Baths reopened. How can I help? It is a totally too cool historical place to allow to go to ruin. The benefits of mineral baths are super! Carlene Lanier

• ElanElan commented  · 

This place has always interested me as I passed by. I have wished that I could have visited it when it was open.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base