iMesa is a resident driven effort to develop transformative community projects that will "Build a Better Mesa." iMesa gives you the opportunity to take the future into your hands and make the Mesa you want. Join the conversation today!

My idea to shape the future of Mesa is...

Create light rail from Phx Mesa Airport to Polytechnic and DMB Proving Grounds on Ellsworthrd

Need Transportation linked from the airport to asu polytechnic and DMB Proving grounds as a prelinked metro services. it can be privately funded as well.

113 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JoeJoe shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MaryMary commented  · 

Great idea! Hopefully they start planning this soon.

• chopkins1026chopkins1026 commented  · 

I believe that expansion of the light rail needs to happen. We should look at the transportation avenues within the Valley and the City and determine where we will need the Light Rail, long before we DO actually need it. I think research on this would certainly be a good idea.

• nathannathan commented  · 

agree with smith

• smithsmith commented  · 

smart idea... rail is the key to the growth for the future.. population is not going to go down , its only going to rise.. mass transportation like is rail is only way to move away from dependency on oil. china is building rail from beijing to london and we can't even build a inner city rail. shame on us. i dont care what the cost is.. we have subsidized oil and car company by spending trillions and trillions by building highways and roads.. time to get smart and leave incompetence and move ppl by mass transportation. we already are on our way to worth pollution. ppl who don't agree they just want their loved ones live shorter and unsafe lives..

• BMontBMont commented  · 

Great idea also, but cost at this time likely not going to happen. Short to Medium term solution would to link the bus system at end of lightrail to those destinations!

• JoeJoe commented  · 

but if they build a rail system within the dmb proving grounds that would save so much time later on.. light rail before a whole new urban area is developed.

• JamieTJamieT commented  · 

Nice idea but might be cheaper to use a bus rapid transit system with dedicated buses traveling on dedicated street lanes. Also use pre-paid fares to speed up loading and departure times.

Feedback and Knowledge Base